See What People Are Saying
How To Prevent Eye Strain From Computer
Here are some tips to help prevent eye strain from your computer use:
- Make sure the lighting is set up correctly. Reduce glare reflecting off your screen, and use more ambient lighting around you.
- Adjust the brightness settings on your monitor to a comfortable setting.
- Position your screen around 20 inches from your eyes at a comfortable eye level.
- Consider using an anti-glare shield.
- Take regular breaks, looking away from your computer screen at something in the distance, at least 20 feet away.
- Consider blue-tint glasses.
- Get regular eye checks and practice good sleep habits where you don’t look at a phone screen just as you go to sleep.
What Is Digital Eye Strain?
Also known as computer eye strain or computer screen eye strain, refers to a group of eye-related symptoms, including dry and red eyes, blurred vision and headaches. These are caused by focusing on computer screens, laptops and other devices, for long periods of time.
How Far Should Computer Monitor Be From Eyes?
We recommend about 20 inches from your eyes is a good distance.